Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Another episode

Monday morning started out great. And Ernie was back to his normal self. I came home Monday night and he wasn't really that hungry. He had been eating pretty ok for the past few days. Not super fantastic - but he was eating here and there. I decided to head off to the park to play a bit of ball. While tossing the ball he stopped and was breathing heavy and was not himself. We stopped for a bit and then I decided we needed to go home. Once we got home he was tired and laid down and went to sleep. I got ready to go to bed and covered him up and went to bed. Tuesday morning he got up and was still not himself. We went out and he had another wobble episode. I carried him for a bit and then we went in. So now I am super stressed out.... Even if its from the vincristine, it is becoming so super hard to see him like this!! boo. I called the vet and talked to her about maybe increasing the pred. Even though I still feel that its the vincristine, I want to manage these symptoms. I was also freaking out about him maybe having cushings disease - but that is my hypochondriac nature transferred to my dog .... She apologized for not having any answers for me. And the whole thing with him is so weird. But I have read about other dogs having this even though its rare. And actually this side effect does happen commonly in people receiving treatment for lymphoma who are treated with vincristine. Anyways, she said that if it was something neurological then the prednisone could definitely help and said that he would still be on what would be considered a low dose. So I decided that I would up it that night. I left and came home at 3:00. He got up and greeted me like normal. I had brought home 2 Jack in the box breakfast sandwiches. He likes to eat the eggs from them. So he ate two eggs and some lasagna. he was normal again. I left for work. Got home Tuesday night, and still back to normal. but I decide to go ahead an up the pred. But instead of a 1/2 tablet I went with a 1/4 to see if that would make a difference. We went to bed around 10:30pm and he slept through the night. This morning he woke up and went out and all was well. He did great through the day and ate well too. Tonight he was himself again and ate a good dinner. Tomorrow we see his regular holistic vet and he will get acupuncture. I am really looking forward to seeing Dr. King and getting some thoughts on some more herbal supplements. I also want to get her thoughts on his episodes and check his hips and arthritis. crossing fingers, toes and paws that all goes well.

No comments:

Post a Comment